Men, Women, Sex and Violence - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Men, Women, Sex and Violence
Location: Science and Technology Building (STB) Room 108
A multimedia presentation with Dr. Jackson Katz
Dr. Jackson Katz, Ph.D., is an educator, author and internationally acclaimed lecturer who is a pioneer in the fields of gender violence prevention education and critical media literacy. He is cofounder of Mentors in Violence Prevention (MVP), one of the original "bystander" programs and the most widely utilized sexual and domestic violence prevention initiative in college and professional athletics in North America. He is the creator of the film Tough Guise and author of The Macho Paradox and Leading Men: Presidential Campaigns and the Politics of Manhood. He lectures widely in the United States and around the world on violence, media, and masculinities.
For a sample of his work, visit: www.ted.com/talks/jacksonkatzviolenceagainstwomenitsamensissue.html
This multimedia presentation is sponsored by Student Health & Wellness Programs and will be held at the UH Hilo Science and Technology Building (STB) Room 108 from 5:30-7:00PM on March 5th, 2014. The presentation is open to UH Hilo and HawCC students, faculty and staff.
For disability accommodation, please contact (808) 932-7458 by February 19, 2014
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of March 2, 2014Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.