Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Plaza
The Womenʻs Center and Minority Access and Achievement Program proudly presents an inspirational event during Black HIstory Month. Alixa & Naima of Climbing Poetree and Leah Song of Rising Appalachia featuring Biko Casini are joining forces to weave together a powerful performance of award winning poetry, hip hop, multimedia theater, souther soul and international roots music. Climbing Poetree and Rising Appalachia have made their lifeʻs work crafting performances of deep courage and catharsis. Both touring globally for more than 10 years with high profile artists in sold out venues from infectious idea of how people can shape their own destinies. This show promises to inspire and awaken the senses.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of February 9, 2014Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.