Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black History Month Presents: Climbing PoeTree
Location: Campus Center Plaza
Co-sponsored by the Minority Access and Achievement Program (MAAP) and UH Hilo Women's Center, this is dynamic showcase brings powerful voices to empower our valued University community and beyond.
Climbing PoeTree interweaves spoken word, hip hop, and award-winning multimedia theater to expose injustice, heal from violence, and make a better future visible, immediate, and irresistible. We are the a part of there first ever Hawaiʻi tour.
In 15 self-organized tours over the past 10 years, Climbing PoeTree has blazed stages in more than 70 cities across the U.S.--including 11,000 miles traveled on a bus converted to run on recycled vegetable oil--and abroad from the UK to Mexico, South Africa to Cuba. Their soul-stirring performance has been featured alongside powerhouses such as Erykah Badu, Alicia Keys, Danny Glover, Cornel West, Angela Davis, Alice Walker, Saul Williams, Sonia Sanchez, The Last Poets, & Dead Prez.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7463
What's also happening?
Week of February 9, 2014Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.