Wellness Wednesday Presentation on Substance Abuse - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Wellness Wednesday Presentation on Substance Abuse
Location: Campus Center Room 306
This presentation by Raquel Chang, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Kim Krell, Certified Substance Abuse Counselor of the Big Island Substance Abuse Council, is an interactive session to engage student participants in a discussion of the most widely used drugs on College Campuses, particularly the drugs that impact UH Hilo.
Additional information will be provided on ways to keep yourself safe from Date Rape Drugs, why college students turn to drugs and ways to find help if alcohol and drugs are impacting your success in school.
Student participants will be introduced to additional drugs being experimented with on college campuses and the dangers synthetic drugs pose. Alternatives to alcohol and drug use will be discussed as well as, stress management will be covered in order to give students the coping skills necessary to manage the pressures and demands of college life.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of January 26, 2014Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.