Local First Dining! - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Local First Dining!
Location: Campus Center Dining Room
Come enjoy a full menu of locally farmed and produced foods for December's Local First Wednesday!
Local First Menu:
Grill Breakfast: Punalu`u Sweetbread French Toast served with Kulana Grass-Fed Beef /Pork Portuguese Sausage.
Grill Lunch: Kulana Beef Kalbi Tacos with Local Made Tortillas & Mango Salsa served with Korean Cole Slaw made with Waimea Won Bok & Baby Waimea Greens.
Deli Sandwich: Slow Roasted Kulana Kalua Pork Melt on a House Made Ciabatta Bread garnished with Sweet Carmelized Kula Onions & Fresh Local Watercress served with Hilo’s Own Atebara Potato Chips.
Sizzling Salad: Maebo Cold Chow Fun Noodle Salad garnished with Maui Yellow and Green Zucchini’s, Local Eggplant Medallion’s, Fresh Local Bean Sprouts, and Scallions served with Fresh Island Fish Tempura on a bed of Waimea Micro Greens.
Hot Line Entrée #1: Hawaiian Kine Plate: Kulana Mini Laulau, Kulana Kalua Pork, Lomi Salmon made with Hamakua Tomatoes, Kulana Beef Paniolo Stew made with local grown Taro, Kula Onions, & Celery. For dessert, a House Made Haupia Cake with Coconut Flakes.
Hot Line Entrée #2: Local Caught Fresh Fish of the Day
Hot Line Vegetarian: Thai Curry made with Maui Kabocha, Kea`au Deep Fried Organic Tofu, Local Poi Taro, Choi Sum, and Blanched Maui Kale served with Lemongrass Jasmine Rice.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7352
What's also happening?
Week of December 1, 2013Next →
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- Volunteers Needed for Science Olympiad Tournament
- Aloha kākou, The Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Research and Community Partnerships are hosting the 2020 Science Olympiad Hawaiʻi Island regional tournament for middle and high school students on February 8, 2020. ...
- Summer Study Abroad Programs
- Why not spend your summer abroad in Europe, Asia or South America? UH Hilo has opportunities available with Univesities in Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Japan, Scotland, and South Korea. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.