JABSOM MSMP Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
JABSOM MSMP Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop
Location: Science and Technology Building, Room 118
John A. Burns School of Medicine Medical Student Mentorship Program (JABSOM MSMP) would like to invite you to be a part of it's first workshop of the 2013-2014 academic year in Hilo!
What: The Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop
When: Sunday 11/10/13 from 9am-12pm
Where: UH Hilo, STB 118
Event Description: The event will be attended and staffed by medical students from the John A Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM) and Dr. Kelly Withy, Director of the Hawaii Area Health Education Center (AHEC). This event will include:
A short introduction to the John A Burns School of Medicine
An introduction to basic physical exam skills (vital signs and the basics of the heart and lung exam)
An introduction to suturing (a skill required by all health care professionals)
A mixer with the medical student leaders of the workshop. Lunch is provided :)
If you would like to attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/8/13.
We hope to see you at the workshop!
Special Restrictions: ** If you are NOT a member of the Aspiring Doctors of Hilo (ADH) OR MSMP: You will be asked to sign up with MSMP at the door. This will include providing us with your name and email address as well as paying 5 dollars as your MSMP annual dues. This will allow you to receive regular resources from MSMP and attend the rest of our events (for free) for the rest of the academic year (2013-2014).
** If you ARE a member of ADH or MSMP: Admission is free. We will ask you to sign up at the door.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Week of November 10, 2013Next →
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Frank Zappa Design Contest
- The Student Arts Association presents the Frank Zappa Design Contest. This contest is open to anyone, not just students. The winner will receive a **$150 cash prize**. ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Postions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.