JABSOM MSMP Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
JABSOM MSMP Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop
Location: Science and Technology Building, Room 118
John A. Burns School of Medicine Medical Student Mentorship Program (JABSOM MSMP) would like to invite you to be a part of it's first workshop of the 2013-2014 academic year in Hilo!
What: The Basic Physical Exam and Suture Workshop
When: Sunday 11/10/13 from 9am-12pm
Where: UH Hilo, STB 118
Event Description: The event will be attended and staffed by medical students from the John A Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM) and Dr. Kelly Withy, Director of the Hawaii Area Health Education Center (AHEC). This event will include:
A short introduction to the John A Burns School of Medicine
An introduction to basic physical exam skills (vital signs and the basics of the heart and lung exam)
An introduction to suturing (a skill required by all health care professionals)
A mixer with the medical student leaders of the workshop. Lunch is provided :)
If you would like to attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/8/13.
We hope to see you at the workshop!
Special Restrictions: ** If you are NOT a member of the Aspiring Doctors of Hilo (ADH) OR MSMP: You will be asked to sign up with MSMP at the door. This will include providing us with your name and email address as well as paying 5 dollars as your MSMP annual dues. This will allow you to receive regular resources from MSMP and attend the rest of our events (for free) for the rest of the academic year (2013-2014).
** If you ARE a member of ADH or MSMP: Admission is free. We will ask you to sign up at the door.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Week of November 10, 2013Next →
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- CCNE (Nursing) Third-Party Comments accepted
- The school of Nursing is hosting an on-site evaluation team from CCNE on March 13-15, 2019, as a part of the accreditation renewal process for the Doctorate of Nursing program. ...
- UH Campus Climate Survey 2019
- Attention all UH Hilo students: your voice MATTERS! The UH Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Harassment and Gender-based Violence is available from January 22-February 22, 2019. Check your UH email for the "climate survey" link. ...
- International Nights Tickets on Sale!
- Tickets for International Nights are now on sale! This annual event set for Friday, February 22 & Saturday, February 23 features performances from around the world. ...
- Active Shooter Exercise with HPD on Campus
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo’s Campus Crisis Management Team (CCMT) will conduct an “Emergency Exercise” on Friday, February 22. ...
- UH Campus Climate Survey
- Your Voice Matters! The UH Student Climate Survey on Sexual Harassment & Gender Based Violence access link has been sent out to current UH students via their hawaii.edu email. ...
- Sustainability Survey: Win $50
- UH Hilo students are invited to participate in a sustainability survey here: appstate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3ac7NWDxTxAgCKp Participants will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card.
- Black History Month Events
- Know the past, Shape the future 2019 Black History Month Celebrates the contributions made by Black and African American Individuals. Come Join us as the campus celebrates during the month of February. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- Read Across America: Join us!
- The Campus and Community Service office is looking for students to volunteer with us for Read Across America. Join us on Fri. March 1st, for a day of fun as we read to children at various elementary schools on the island. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.