Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management
Location: Campus Center 306
Feeling stressed? This month’s Wellness Wednesday hosted by UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs will be focused on Mindfulness Practice for Stress Management. This presentation by Dr. David Herzog of UH Hilo’s Student Health and Wellness Programs, Counseling Services is an interactive session to engage student participants in a discussion of the causes of stress, the positive and negative forms of stress, and how negative stress can impair a person’s ability to function optimally.
Student participants will be introduced to the concept of mindfulness and its benefits in managing stress as well as its contributions to enhanced mental functioning as it applies to academic work and relationships to achieve one’s fullest potential. Take the stress off for just one hour and stop by CC 306 on November 13th from either 12PM-1PM or 5PM-6PM. Light refreshments and snacks will be provided. For more information contact Dr. Sulma Gandhi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 932-7458
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7458
What's also happening?
Week of November 10, 2013Next →
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.