Film: Ola - Health is Everything - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Film: Ola - Health is Everything
Location: UCB 127
UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs will be hosting multiple film viewings of "Ola - Health is Everything"
The screenings will be open to UH Hilo, HawCC faculty, staff, students and the community.
The Director of the film will be available for Q&A after the film.
• First viewing is at 12:30PM
• Second viewing is at 2:30PM
This film is a joint collaboration between the DOH and the Hawaiʻi Primary Care Association (HPCA). Ola: Health is Everything recently premiered at the Hawaiʻi International Film Festival in April 2013.
The film is a feature length documentary which explores the widespread social factors that have helped create Hawaii’s current healthcare crisis while highlighting the power of communities to heal themselves. Through this primary care and public health collaboration, we hope to see greater understanding and community mobilization around the critical issue of social determinants of health. Please visit olamovie.com/ for more information.
Director Matthew Nagato:
Director Matthew Nagato is currently the Communications Director of the Hawaiʻi Primary Care Association, a nonprofit public health organization dedicated to improving the health of communities.
He is also the writer, director, and producer of the documentary "Ola - Health is Everything." and has worked in a variety of Hawaiʻi’s health care organizations, applying his diverse expertise in strategic planning, operations management, communications, marketing, product development, and information systems.
In 2011 and 2012, Matthew managed two critically acclaimed media projects, both of which received Gold Pele (AAF) Awards. The Feel Good awareness campaign and the animated “What is a Community Health Center?” project received national and international attention for their clear and inventive use of video to educate and improve advocacy.
He speaks regularly at health care conferences and to medical organizations on system transformation, health care reform, and innovation.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Week of November 10, 2013Next →
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Fall submission now open: 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting fall submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Fall submissions are open now till December 12th. ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Positions Open
- The Board of Media Broadcasting is seeking students who are interested in getting more involved on campus and who are passionate about digital media particularly radio and video. ...
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.