Human Rights Watch Film Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Human Rights Watch Film Festival
Location: UCB Room 127
The Human Rights Watch Traveling Film Festival comes to Hilo! Featuring selections from the Human Rights Watch, the films bring to life human rights abuses through storytelling in a way that challenge each individual to empathize and demand justice for all people. The festival begins on October 17 with "Camp 14: Total Control Zone." The film is a
fascinating portrait of a young man who grew up imprisoned by dehumanizing violence in North Korea yet still found the will to escape. Two more films will be shown on October 18. Free admission. For more information, visit
hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/international or call (808) 974-7313.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 974-7313
What's also happening?
Week of October 13, 2013Next →
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.