Local First Dining! - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Local First Dining!
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Dining Room
Campus Center Dining will feature a Local First menu showcasing delicious recipes made from local ingredients. Our skilled culinary artists use the freshest ingredients to bring you the BEST in local dining! This Wednesday's menu:
• Breakfast 7-10AM: Taro Pancakes served with Moloka`i Purple Sweet Potato Hash Patties w/ Diced Miko Pipi Kaula
• Lunch 11–2PM: Beer Boiled Portuguese Sausage Hot Dog in a Punalu`u Sweet Bread Bun with Caramelized Kula Onions and a Hamakua Tomato Ketchup served with a U`ala Potato Salad
• Deli Sandwich: Kalua BBQ Pork Pizza w/ Caramelized Kula Onions, Big Island Goat Cheese on a Homemade Flatbread
• Sizzling Salad: Ahi Katsu Nori Roll w/ Hudson Cucumber & Kaiware Sprouts, Flash Fried, on a bed of Living Aquaponics Baby Greens, with a Soy Lime UH Hilo Honey Viniagrette
• Hot Entrée One: Grilled Kulana Grass-Fed Rib-Eye Steak, topped with Sauteed Hamakua Mushrooms and Kula Sweet Onions and a Creamy Ragout Sauce
• Hot Entrée Two: Made to order Seared Fresh Island Caught Fish topped with a Roasted Garlic Sweet Chili Lemongrass Drizzle
• Vegetarian Entrée: Grilled Char Siu Marinated Tofu Steak, on a bed of Garlic Sauteed Baby Bok Choi, served on a Maebo Cake Noodle Pad
• Soup: Creamy Kula Kabocha Bisque
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7303
Tags: Campus Center
What's also happening?
Week of September 29, 2013Next →
- American Sign Language, Level 1c/1d
- This class is for anyone who is comfortable with the vocabulary in Units 1-5 of Signing Naturally. Participants will focus on advancing expressive and receptive conversational skills. Open to ages 15 and up. ...
- Subconscious Writing
- A new approach for seasoned writers or individuals just beginning to explore creative writing, this comprehensive workshop offers strategies that will help students silence the inner critic, become more creative, and surprise themselves with ...
- Video Production Principles, Part 1
- This free series is for registered UH Hilo students only. Must have a UH student ID # to register. Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Build a Successful Advertising Campaign
- This two-part class will walk students through the stages of building a coordinated campaign, from developing an objective statement through the creative and practical elements necessary for building on the success of your company. ...
- Art for Everyone: Japanese Woodblock Printing
- Learn traditional Japanese woodblock printing methods and techniques in this non-credit class. Instructions will include preparation of washi paper, image transfer, cutting blocks, and printing techniques, as well as some history and vocabulary. ...
- Miniature Art: Magnets
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic drawing, coloring, collaging, and painting techniques, then create different styles of magnets. ...
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at go.hawaii. ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.