Pamantasan Conference 2013 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pamantasan Conference 2013
Location: University of Hawaii at Hilo, Campus Center 301
The University of Hawai'i at Hilo is proud to serve as host for this year's UH System Pamantasan Conference. Our theme this year is Back to the Farm! Our Roots in Sustainable Practice. We have a full day of events planned that will include speakers, workshops and a chance to visit with students and staff at UH Hilo who are involved in sustainable practices.
Sustainability is certainly a buzzword in this day and age of high fuel costs and increasing evidence of climate change. More and more people are choosing to make changes in their lives that are more in line with creating less waste and lightening our dependence on imported food and fuel. Today's young people want to do more. The current generation of college students are more mindful than ever about urgency that has been created regarding the health of our planet.
With the Big Island playing such a key role in Hawai'i's local food supply, we find our theme, coupled with this year's location, to be both timely and appropriate. For those who are able to venture beyond the confines of Hilo, you will see farms, nurseries and ranchlands scattered throughout the island. The state's only local-milk producing diaries exist on the Big Island. Some of the best coffee and flowers in the world come from the Big Island. Yet the topic of sustainability goes well beyond the farm. It is a hot topic for the current generation of college students. What will the future look like for you? There are new careers being created in this new age of sustainable practice. There are careers yet to be discovered. This Pamantasan gathering in Hilo is designed to spark thought and dialogue that will serve as foundational pieces needed to move forward.
Register online: hilopamantasan2013.weebly.com/
Special Restrictions: Registration Fee: $15.00 for students, $25 for faculty/staff
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808)974-7688
What's also happening?
Week of April 7, 2013Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.