Pwo navigator Talk at 'Imiloa - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pwo navigator Talk at 'Imiloa
Location: 'Imiloa Astronomy Center
Friday Nights at ‘Imiloa
A Sky Above, a Navigator’s Tale
‘Imiloa Astronomy Center’s next Friday night planetarium program March 8, 2013 will feature Pwo Navigator Kālepa Baybayan’s talk In Losing the Sight of Land, You Discover the Stars starting at 7:00 p.m.
Join Kālepa’s presentation on the history of deep sea voyaging, exploration, and oceanic wayfinding through the indigenous system navigation at sea. Kālepa will share his efforts to revitalize this dynamic maritime culture by steering connections through an experience that explains the symbiotic relationship between land, sea, sky, science, and culture.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-969-9703
What's also happening?
Week of March 3, 2013Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.