Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Dining Hall
Join us for an evening of elegance and entertainment at the 13th Annual Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Banquet on Friday, February 22, 2013 at the UH Hilo Campus Center Dining Hall, beginning at 5:00 pm.
Sponsored by the University of Hawai’i at Hilo Alumni and Friends Association, this signature event includes a live and silent auction, sumptuous buffet and a chance to network with university and community leaders and supporters.
The 2013 Distinguished ALUMNI honorees are Eric Matsumoto (16th Bishop of the Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii), Larry Kimura (Assistant Professor of Hawaiian Language and Culture), and Valerie Takata (Complex Area Superintendent for State of Hawaii, DOE: Hilo-Waiakea). The Distinguished SERVICE honoree is Director of University Relations and External Affairs emeritus, Gerald De Mello.
Please come and join us in honoring and celebrating these well-deserved award recipients. Tickets to the event include the cost of the buffet at $75 each or $600 for a table of eight (a portion is tax-deductible). Please RSVP by February 8, 2013 to the Marketing and Alumni office at 974-7501 or 974-7643.
Proceeds from the auctions help sponsor the Alumni Scholarship Fund, which helps to provide opportunities for immediate relatives of UH Hilo alumni or alumni themselves returning for another degree.
Special Restrictions: $75 per person; $600 for a table of eight (a portion is tax-deductible)
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7501
What's also happening?
Week of February 17, 2013Next →
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.