On Ensemble - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center presents On Ensemble on Saturday, November 17, at 7:30pm as part of its 2012-13 Season of Events.
With Japanese drums at the foundation of its world fusion mix, On Ensemble takes the ancient instruments of taiko into new realms. Infusing the powerful rhythms of ensemble Japanese drumming with elements of hip-hop, rock and electronica, On Ensemble’s unique sound has been praised as “completely original and brilliantly conceived.”
On Ensemble’s four members, Masato Baba, Kristofer Bergstrom, Shoji Kameda and Kelvin Underwood are individually recognized as leading artists in their field and have been featured in the music of the hit TV show “Heroes” and in the David Mamet movie “Redbelt”. As On Ensemble they combine their study and deep appreciation of tradition with equally formative experiences as DJs, electronic music producers, Jazz drummers, and rock bassists to create a repertoire of ground-breaking music.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating and priced at $20 General, $15 Discount and $10 UH Students with ID & Children. Box Office hours are Tuesday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Call 974-7310 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
**Please Note: the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office is currently located in TA-141, in the back hallway of the Performing Arts Center for daytime operations.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7310
What's also happening?
Week of November 11, 2012Next →
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.