Living Waters: Kulanihakoi - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Living Waters: Kulanihakoi
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
A new hula drama by Na Kinimakalehua, the collaborative artistic team composed of master kumu hula Hokulani Holt, Keali'i Reichel, and Pali Ahue. Drawing from epic Hawaiian myths, the many facets of water and its continuous relationship between the ocean, land and sky are told through the eyes of contemporary native Hawaiians. In this time, of global environmental issues regarding water stress, scarcity and land degradation these stories help us to remember universal lessons. Without them humankind is destined to make mistakes that are irreversible.
This performance is a special offering by the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center, and is not part of the regular season. The event will be open seating.
This performance is funded in part by the National Dance Project of the New England Foundation For the Arts. NDP is supported by lead funding from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, with additional funding fromt he Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Community Connections Fund of the MetLife Foundation, and the Boeing Company Charitable Trust.
Special Restrictions: Tickets cost $25 General, $20 Discount, and $10 UH Students & Children 12 & Under, and are available online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu, or via the Box Office at 974-7310, which is open Tuesday - Friday, 9am-1pm on school days.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7310
What's also happening?
|Week of May 27, 2012||Next →|
Holiday observed: Memorial Day
- Free Video Production workshop series
- Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. Topics range from producing and directing to broadcast platforms and selling yourself and your intellectual property. ...
- PIPES Internship applications accepted through February 8th
- The Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science is accepting applications through February 8th. Internships are available on Hawaiʻi, Maui, Oʻahu Molokaʻi, Kauaʻi, and across the Pacific. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- Study Abroad Photo Contest
- Submit your fun, exciting, adventurous or studious photos from any of your trips. It could be from your vacation, study abroad, national exchange journey or a trip with your exchange/international friends. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.