Living Waters: Kulanihakoi - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Living Waters: Kulanihakoi
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
A new hula drama by Na Kinimakalehua, the collaborative artistic team composed of master kumu hula Hokulani Holt, Keali'i Reichel, and Pali Ahue. Drawing from epic Hawaiian myths, the many facets of water and its continuous relationship between the ocean, land and sky are told through the eyes of contemporary native Hawaiians. In this time, of global environmental issues regarding water stress, scarcity and land degradation these stories help us to remember universal lessons. Without them humankind is destined to make mistakes that are irreversible.
This performance is a special offering by the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center, and is not part of the regular season. The event will be open seating.
This performance is funded in part by the National Dance Project of the New England Foundation For the Arts. NDP is supported by lead funding from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, with additional funding fromt he Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Community Connections Fund of the MetLife Foundation, and the Boeing Company Charitable Trust.
Special Restrictions: Tickets cost $25 General, $20 Discount, and $10 UH Students & Children 12 & Under, and are available online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu, or via the Box Office at 974-7310, which is open Tuesday - Friday, 9am-1pm on school days.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7310
What's also happening?
Week of May 27, 2012Next →
Holiday observed: Memorial Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.