English Brown Bag Lecture + Q&A with Kawai Strong Washburn - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Sharks
English Brown Bag Lecture + Q&A with Kawai Strong Washburn
Kawai Strong Washburn, who grew up in Honokaʻa on Hawaiʻi Island, will discuss his novel, Sharks in the Time of Saviors, winner of the 2020 PEN/Hemingway Award for Debut Novel. Immersed in Hawaiian history and legends, this powerful novel follows a local family in the post-plantation era.
Brought to you by the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo English Department
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7226
What's also happening?
- 2024-25 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2024-25 UH System Common Scholarship Application is now available online at www.hawaii.edu/tuition/scholarships/how-to-apply/ - Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in ...
- Spring 2024 Freshman ʻEleu
- Attention freshmen, if you began at UH Hilo in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024, it's time to meet with your advisor for your mandatory Freshman ʻEleu appointment. ...
- Vulcan Video Productions Spring Film Festival Submission
- Vulcan Video Productions is hosting a student short film festival on April 19, 2024 from 2-4 in Campus Center Plaza. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.