Natural Resource Management Seminar Series: Agritourism - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Passcode: TCBES
Natural Resource Management Seminar Series: Agritourism
University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science Natural Resource Management Seminar Series presents, "Agritourism in Hawaii - Challenges & Opportunities" with Angela I. Faʻanunu, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Sustainable Tourism - College of Business & Economics. The seminar will be held over zoom. All are welcome!
Abstract: Following the onset of COVID-19, Hawai‘i residents called for better management of its tourism industry with an emphasis on alternative and more sustainable forms of tourism. Agritourism emerged as an ideal form of tourism, particularly in rural Hawai‘i, that seemed tied to supporting the success of local farmers and local agriculture. However, agritourism is a relatively novel and underdeveloped industry. In an effort to grow the agritourism industry in Hawai‘i, a research study was conducted between 2017 – 2020 to identify opportunities and gaps in the industry. Data were collected from 18 agritourism operations on Hawai‘i Island. The presentation will share findings from the study and highlight recommendations for next steps in building Hawai‘i’s agritourism industry.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7571
What's also happening?
- CAPAL Public Service Scholarship and Internship Program
- The Conference on Asian and Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL) is accepting applications for the 2023 Public Service Internship and Scholarship Program. ...
- CAPAL Washington Leadership Program Series
- The Conference on Asian and Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL) invites you to join a series of weekly panels online on Wednesdays from June 7th through July 19th at 12:00-2:00 pm HST. ...
- Join the 2023-2024 UHHSA Senate!
- Aloha UH Hilo Students, The UH Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is recruiting for the 2023-2024 academic year! UHHSA is chartered by the Board of Regents and the Chancellor of the University, with the purpose to: 1. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.