International Topics Speaker Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Meeting ID: 974 9098 3741, Passcode: 891058
International Topics Speaker Series
Presentation by Dr. Su-Mi Lee, Associate Professor of Philosophy at UH Hilo, on "The Ukraine Crisis: Its Implications." The Russian invasion of Ukraine began almost one year ago. Why couldn’t the United Nations stop Russia from invading Ukraine? Why doesn’t it deploy troops to put an end to Russia’s atrocities? This talk reviews the scope and capacity of the United Nations and discusses what the United Nations can and cannot do in dealing with global issues like the Ukraine crisis. Part of the International Topics Speaker Series sponsored by the UH Hilo International Student Services program and the United Nations Association-Hawaii Island Chapter.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7467
Tags: international politics Online Only
What's also happening?
- CAPAL Public Service Scholarship and Internship Program
- The Conference on Asian and Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL) is accepting applications for the 2023 Public Service Internship and Scholarship Program. ...
- CAPAL Washington Leadership Program Series
- The Conference on Asian and Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL) invites you to join a series of weekly panels online on Wednesdays from June 7th through July 19th at 12:00-2:00 pm HST. ...
- Join the 2023-2024 UHHSA Senate!
- Aloha UH Hilo Students, The UH Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is recruiting for the 2023-2024 academic year! UHHSA is chartered by the Board of Regents and the Chancellor of the University, with the purpose to: 1. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.