2022-2023 Ka Lama Ku Student Recognition Awards Nominations - Announcement Details
2022-2023 Ka Lama Ku Student Recognition Awards Nominations
The 2022-2023 Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Award nominations are now open. Please submit your nominations Sunday, February 13, 2023, at 11:59 pm (This is a hard deadline).
These recognition awards acknowledge the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community during the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program acknowledges student individuals and student organizations who have shown strong evidence of their leadership potential based on the values of:
- Alaka‘i (Leadership)
- ‘Ike Pāpālua (Gift of Vision)
- Kuleana (Responsibility/Accountability)
- Laulima (Teamwork)
- Mālama (Caring)
Each year there may be a total of six (6) awards for individual students and a total of five (5) awards for student organizations selected. One individual student and one student organization may be awarded for each of the five Ka Lama Ku values listed above. One individual student may be awarded the “Overall Award,” in which the student has demonstrated all five (5) Ka Lama Ku values in their contributions to their campus and community.
For further information about each of the five leadership categories please visit the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards Page.
To nominate someone please use this online form. Students, Staff, Faculty, and RISO Advisors are all eligible to nominate individual students or student organizations and may submit more than one nomination.
All nominees MUST fit these criteria:
- Leadership service activities performed as a student enrolled at UH Hilo.
- Demonstrates networking and civic engagement skills within the university and community at large.
- Demonstrates qualities of integrity and civic virtue.
- Models mentorship or coaching as a learning opportunity for others.
- Has the ability to manage, serve and care for those they lead with Aloha.
- A student group/organization affiliated with a campus department or program, RISO, or CSO.
- Each student (including those in student groups) has to be currently Enrolled as a UH Hilo Student, a UH Hilo student that will/has graduated in Fall 2022, and have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
All winners will be contacted the week starting March 13, 2023, via email. The 2023 Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Award Ceremony will be held on Thursday, April 6, 2023, in Campus Center Room 301. The time of the event is subject to change. We will release more information once we get closer to the event.
The individual(s) who nominated the winners will be invited to give a small speech about their nominee if their student nomination(s) is selected. Family and friends will also be welcome to attend.
For further information on the application process, please contact:
Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Development Program
Campus Center Room 210
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7796
What's also happening?
- Teach for America
- Teach for America Hawaiʻi is a nationally connected and locally rooted post-grad opportunity. We believe that potential is equally distributed along lines of race and class but opportunity is not. ...
- 2022-2023 Ka Lama Ku Student Recognition Awards Nominations
- The 2022-2023 Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Award nominations are now open. Please submit your nominations Sunday, February 13, 2023, at 11:59 pm (This is a hard deadline). ...
- UH Student Campus Climate Survey
- The 2023 UH Student Campus Climate Survey is an important tool that is used to help UH Hilo prevent sexual assault and other forms of gender-based violence. ...
- 2023-24 UH Common Scholarship Application Opens October 1st
- Starting October 1st, students can complete the 2023-24 UH System Common Scholarship Application online at www.hawaii. ...
- Freshman ʻEleu Mandatory Advising
- Aloha Freshmen, If you began at UH Hilo last semester (Fall 2022) or this semester (Spring 2023), it's time to meet with your advisor for your mandatory Freshman ʻEleu appointment between February 15 and March 15, 2023. ...
- 2022-2023 RISO Registration - Now Open!
- The 2022-2023 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 24, 2023, at 4:30 pm. ...
- 2023-24 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Starting October 1st, students can complete their 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at Studentaid.gov/fafsa - To receive priority consideration at UH Hilo, complete the FAFSA by February 1, 2023. ...
- Uluākea Campus Activites
- Ke aloha nō iā kākou e ko nā limahana o ke kulanui o Hawaiʻi ma Hilo! Aloha to all faculty, staff, and administrators of our UH Hilo campus! It is with hopes this e-mail finds everyone doing well after the first two weeks of the ...
- Hohonu is looking for New Members!
- We are Hohonu, the academic journal. We publish student work, by students, for students. Our annual publication features academic papers that cover a wide-variety of topics and subjects by UH Hilo students. ...
- Kanilehua is looking for New Members!
- We are Kanilehua, the art and literary magazine. Our annual publication features literary pieces and art works, both digital and physical, made by UH Hilo students. We publish our magazine at the end of each school year. ...
- The Board of Student Publications is looking for New Members
- Have you ever heard of the Board of Student Publications (BOSP)? We would like to introduce ourselves as your 2022-2023 UH Hilo Board of Student Publications (BOSP). BOSP over sees three publications: Ke Kalahea, Kanilehua, and Hohonu. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.