Intensive Study Program in Okinawa: March 11 - 19, 2023 - Announcement Details
Intensive Study Program in Okinawa: March 11 - 19, 2023
This year the University of the Ryukyus' intensive study program will be held in partnership with the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST).
The program will be held in-person, in Okinawa, Japan from March 11 to 19, 2023.
This is a credited (2 credits), 9-day program that provides students with the opportunity to participate in an in-person cultural and study abroad experience centered on the theme of sustainability, with the aim of fostering global leadership to build a regional network for preservation and sustainability of island communities, cultures and environments in the Pacific Island Region.
The program features guest lectures, joint programming with OIST, field trips as well as opportunities for interaction and collaboration with Japanese and international students studying at the University of the Ryukyus.
This program has been crafted to suit the needs of students who have an interest in the sustainability of island regions, Japan/Okinawa or are keen to develop their student leadership skills. It will also serve as a good opportunity to orientate students who may wish to explore possibilities for study abroad in Japan and Asia in future.
The program will provide return airfare, accommodation and ground transportation for students. However, all selected applicants must pay 30,000 JPY ($202.48 USD), in cash only, upon arrival in Okinawa. Fees paid will be used to fund admission to places of interest, cultural activities and field trips.
Please visit the following URL (ged.skr.u-ryukyu.ac.jp/sekaten/en/archives/2425) for information on the credited intensive program; the page carries links to all application details and required forms.
The APPLICATION DEADLINE is November 30, 2022 by 5pm JST.
Please find the application here: ged.skr.u-ryukyu.ac.jp/sekaten/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Intensive-Study-Program-Application-Form.xlsx.
Applicants must also provide a certificate of enrollment from their home institution.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7488
What's also happening?
- Intensive Study Program in Okinawa: March 11 - 19, 2023
- This year the University of the Ryukyus' intensive study program will be held in partnership with the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST). ...
- Celsius x Hawai'i - Flavor Search
- Aloha Vulcans! We are a group of marketing students conducting a research survey for our "brand extension" based on the energy drink brand Celsius for our marketing class! Filling out [this survey](https://forms. ...
- Board Of Media Broadcasting (BOMB) Open Applications
- Aloha Vulcans, Want to get involved with the campus community? Interested in joining a campus organization? Want to gain experience as a Board member? Looking for leadership experience? If you answered yes to any of these questions, **we ...
- Become a SAC Member
- Fall 2022 is comin up fast! Get ready and get pumped up! SAC has many amazing things planned for all you amazing students! But we can't do it all alone, we need more people on the council to help run things smoothly so we can all have a ...
- Apply Today – University Radio Hilo
- University Radio Hilo (URH) is currently accepting applications for 2022-2023 DJs/on-air personalities. ...
- APIA Scholarships
- Apply for an APIA (Asian & Pacific Islander American) Scholarship for 2023-2024! The APIA and AANAPISI Scholarships are open to Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander & Asian American undergraduate students. ...
- 2023-24 UH Common Scholarship Application Opens October 1st
- Starting October 1st, students can complete the 2023-24 UH System Common Scholarship Application online at www.hawaii. ...
- 2022-2023 RISO Registration - Now Open!
- The 2022-2023 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 24, 2023, at 4:30 pm. ...
- 2023-24 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Starting October 1st, students can complete their 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at Studentaid.gov/fafsa - To receive priority consideration at UH Hilo, complete the FAFSA by February 1, 2023. ...
- Hohonu is looking for New Members!
- We are Hohonu, the academic journal. We publish student work, by students, for students. Our annual publication features academic papers that cover a wide-variety of topics and subjects by UH Hilo students. ...
- Kanilehua is looking for New Members!
- We are Kanilehua, the art and literary magazine. Our annual publication features literary pieces and art works, both digital and physical, made by UH Hilo students. We publish our magazine at the end of each school year. ...
- The Board of Student Publications is looking for New Members
- Have you ever heard of the Board of Student Publications (BOSP)? We would like to introduce ourselves as your 2022-2023 UH Hilo Board of Student Publications (BOSP). BOSP over sees three publications: Ke Kalahea, Kanilehua, and Hohonu. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.