2021-2022 Ka Lama Ku Student Recognition Awards - NOW OPEN! - Announcement Details
2021-2022 Ka Lama Ku Student Recognition Awards - NOW OPEN!
The 2021 - 2022 Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Award nominations are now open. Please submit your nominations no later than February 20, 2022, at 11:59 pm (This is a hard deadline, there will be no exceptions).
These recognition awards acknowledge the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community during the 2021 - 2022 academic year.
The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program acknowledges student individuals and student organizations who have shown strong evidence of their leadership potential based on the values of:
- Alaka‘i (Leadership)
- ‘Ike Pāpālua (Gift of Vision)
- Kuleana (Responsibility/Accountability)
- Laulima (Teamwork)
- Mālama (Caring)
Each year there may be a total of six (6) awards for individual students and a total of five (5) awards for student organizations selected. One individual student and one student organization may be awarded for each of the five Ka Lama Ku values. An individual student may be awarded the “Overall Award,” in which the student has demonstrated all five (5) Ka Lama Ku values in their contributions to their campus and community.
For further information about each of the five leadership categories please visit the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards Page- go.hawaii.edu/WxV
To nominate someone please use this online form- go.hawaii.edu/VxC. Students, Staff, Faculty, and RISO Advisors are all eligible to nominate individual students or student organizations and may submit more than one nomination.
All nominees MUST fit these criteria:
- Leadership service activities performed as a student enrolled at UH Hilo.
- Demonstrates networking and civic engagement skills within the university and community-at-large.
- Demonstrates qualities of integrity and civic virtue.
- Models mentorship or coaching as a learning opportunity for others.
- Has the ability to manage, serve and care for those they lead with Aloha.
- A student group/organization affiliated to a campus department or program, RISO, or CSO.
- Each student (including those in student groups)
- Currently Enrolled as a UH Hilo Student a UH Hilo student that will/has graduated in Fall 2021
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
All winners will be contacted the week starting March 14, 2022, via email. Our 2022 Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Conference & Award Ceremony will be held on Friday, April 8, 2022. More information will be released in Spring 2022.
Nominators will be invited to give a small speech about their nominee if their student nomination(s) is selected. Family and friends will also be welcome to attend.
For further information on the application process, please contact:
Student Organizations Coordinator
Campus Center Room 214
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7796
What's also happening?
- Student Art Association Meetings
- Aloha mai kākou! This is a friendly invitation from your Student Art Association to join us every Tuesday, at 12:30pm – 1pm for our weekly meeting. ...
- Happy Holidays from Campus Center
- Aloha Vulcan 'Ohana! The holiday season is near! Campus Center is all decked out and wants to show you our spectacular holiday spirit. We invite you to come and enjoy our festive holiday decorations. ...
- Hohonu General Editor Applications Open
- **Hohonu Academic Journal** is recruiting for General Editors who get to be part of the editing process by working one-on-one with students. ...
- Kanilehua Layout Designer Position Open!
- Kanilehua, UH Hiloʻs Art and Literary Magazine is seeking a motivated student with some experience in Adobe creative suites or other digital design programs to be a member of the Kanilehua team and produce a quality magazine. ...
- Kanilehua Submission Deadline Extended!
- Kanilehua is the UH Hilo Art & Literary Magazine, and we work to publish the best creative pieces our UH Hilo students have to offer. ...
- Kanilehua Submission Raffle
- Great news! If your work is accepted into Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine, your name will be entered into a raffle and you could win a fabulous prize! Prizes will be different for writers and artists. ...
- Student Art Association Meetings and Design Contest
- Aloha mai kākou! This is a friendly invitation from your Student Art Association to join us every Tuesday from 12:30pm – 1pm for our weekly meeting. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- 2021-2022 Ka Lama Ku Student Recognition Awards - NOW OPEN!
- The 2021 - 2022 Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Award nominations are now open. Please submit your nominations no later than February 20, 2022, at 11:59 pm (This is a hard deadline, there will be no exceptions). ...
- 2022-23 UH Common Scholarship Application Available Oct 1st
- Starting October 1, 2021, students can complete the 2022-23 UH System Common Scholarship Application online at www.hawaii.edu/tuition/scholarships/how-to-apply/. ...
- RISO Registration for 2021-2022 is now open
- The 2021-2022 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 25, 2022, at 4:30 pm. ...
- 2022-23 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Starting October 1, 2021, students can complete their 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at Studentaid.gov/fafsa To receive priority consideration at UH Hilo, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2022. ...
- Cultivating Pilina: Empowering Connection to End DV
- Aloha! Please join us every Friday for the month of October to engage in courageous conversations around Domestic Violence, as we work collectively to keep our communities safe. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.