Hāmākua Hero Presentation - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Register online and zoom link will be sent directly to you.
Hāmākua Hero Presentation
In preparation for Asian-American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) heritage month in May, University Housing & Residence Life, in collaboration with the Center for Global Education & Exchange, presents a virtual presentation by Dr. Patsy Iwasaki (UH Hilo English Instructor) about her book, Hāmākua Hero. It is a true story of Japanese immigrant Katsu Goto and the racial injustices Japanese immigrants faced in the plantations of Honokaʻa upon their arrival in 1885. The Zoom session will be held on April 27th at 4:00 PM. Please sign up to receive a complimentary signed copy of the book (first 20 registered) and the Zoom information.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7205
What's also happening?
- General Education redesign team wanted!
- Aloha Vulcans! The Summer 2021 General Education Institute is looking for applicants! Now is the time to speak your mind on general education classes! Currently, the University of Hawai’i has formed a UH General Education Curriculum Design ...
- University Radio Hilo (KUHH 101.1fm) - Apply Now!
- As a communications base of University of Hawaii at Hilo (UH Hilo), University Radio Hilo (URH) provides the opportunity for UH Hilo students to gain experience, education and training in radio broadcasting. ...
- Student Arts Association Zoom Meetings (updated info)
- Inviting all interested students to join our weekly Zoom call. This is a chance to meet your fellow creative students, find out about UH Hilo's Spring Student Art Show, and more. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.