Lā Honua Earth Day 2021 - Virtual Symposium - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Please register at https://hilo.hawaii.edu/earthfair/symposium/registration.php
Lā Honua Earth Day 2021 - Virtual Symposium
The UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi CC communities are invited to participate in a Virtual Earth Day / Lā Honua Celebration. Theme: Makawalu: Environmental Kinship Across Communities
See Day 1: Wednesday Schedule @ hilo.hawaii.edu/earthfair/symposium/#wed
The Virtual Lā Honua Symposium on April 21 and April 22 features:
2 Kī-note presentations: Kuʻulei Keakalani & Pele Kaʻio
Chancellorsʻ Presentation on Sustainability Initiatives: UH Hilo, Hawaiʻi CC Manono & Pālamanui
7 Presentations conducted by our students, faculty and community members
5 Workshops conducted by our students, faculty, and staff
An Alumni Panel with 6 panelists doing Aloha ʻĀina/Sustainability work
A Virtual Huakaʻi
Outside of that April 21/22 Afternoon Schedule but associated with it:
To open Earth Week: a Kīpaepae with Kekoa Harman on Monday, April 19
To close Earth Week: a Kī-Note with Manu Meyer on Friday, April 23
Please register for Virtual Symposium events via the UH Hilo Earth Fair Website, at hilo.hawaii.edu/earthfair/. Registration can take place at any time, including on the days of the Symposium. Those who register and attend sessions will receive makana or gifts, either to be mailed or picked up at UH Hilo.
Early registration (by April 16) is encouraged (required for some workshops). In some cases participants will be mailed materials in advance or emailed shopping lists, recipes, text for chants, etc.
Hawaiʻi Community College and the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo are equal opportunity/affirmative action institutions and are committed to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis or face, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran, national guard, victims of domestic or sexual violence, gender identity and expression, genetic information, citizenship, credit history, and income assignment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, please contact Dorinna Cortez, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org (Hawaiʻi CC) and Farrah-Marie Gomes email@example.com (UH Hilo) For disability accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Hawaiʻi CC) or email@example.com (UH Hilo)
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7258
What's also happening?
- General Education redesign team wanted!
- Aloha Vulcans! The Summer 2021 General Education Institute is looking for applicants! Now is the time to speak your mind on general education classes! Currently, the University of Hawai’i has formed a UH General Education Curriculum Design ...
- University Radio Hilo (KUHH 101.1fm) - Apply Now!
- As a communications base of University of Hawaii at Hilo (UH Hilo), University Radio Hilo (URH) provides the opportunity for UH Hilo students to gain experience, education and training in radio broadcasting. ...
- Student Arts Association Zoom Meetings (updated info)
- Inviting all interested students to join our weekly Zoom call. This is a chance to meet your fellow creative students, find out about UH Hilo's Spring Student Art Show, and more. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.