ʻUaʻu in Kohala, TCBES Natural Resource Seminar Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Passcode: petrel
ʻUaʻu in Kohala, TCBES Natural Resource Seminar Series
Seminar title: Finding ʻUaʻu in Kohala
Speaker: Alex Wang, Specialist III, Hilo Natural Area Reserve System, DLNR DOFAW
Abstract: The ʻUaʻu (Pterodroma sandwichensis) is a federally and state listed endangered native seabird to Hawaiʻi. Once one of the most numerous species in Hawaiʻi and an important food, navigation, and fertilization resource to the islands, the remaining populations of this species are rare and cryptic on Hawaiʻi Island. While most of their life they spend at sea, the ʻuaʻu only comes to land to breed in underground burrows, which it does at night. This presentation is about the lengthy and iterative process the Natural Area Reserve Program of the state Division of Forestry and Wildlife has gone about finding a colony in the mountain of Kohala and actions they are taking to manage for their conservation.
Open to all!
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7573
What's also happening?
- General Education redesign team wanted!
- Aloha Vulcans! The Summer 2021 General Education Institute is looking for applicants! Now is the time to speak your mind on general education classes! Currently, the University of Hawai’i has formed a UH General Education Curriculum Design ...
- University Radio Hilo (KUHH 101.1fm) - Apply Now!
- As a communications base of University of Hawaii at Hilo (UH Hilo), University Radio Hilo (URH) provides the opportunity for UH Hilo students to gain experience, education and training in radio broadcasting. ...
- Student Arts Association Zoom Meetings (updated info)
- Inviting all interested students to join our weekly Zoom call. This is a chance to meet your fellow creative students, find out about UH Hilo's Spring Student Art Show, and more. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.