Wailau - April 2021 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Join the Wailau watch page on the day of the premiere or watch after the premiere. If you watch during the premiere, click on the YouTube logo on the lower left corner of the watch window and live chat with our Wailau hosts and even some of our storytellers! After the premiere, the event video will be available on the watch page.
Wailau - April 2021
UH Hilo's Wailau premieres on Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. and will explore this episode's theme:
A Just World. Students Kuʻuhiapo Jeong and Dayva Escobar, along with topic expert Carlton Ruley, the Special Projects Coordinator for the Hawai’i County Office of the Prosecuting Attorney’s Restorative Justice Program, will host the online event.
April’s Wailau will showcase these storytellers:
- Evangeline Lemieux, “An Apology”
- Nicholas Iwamoto, “I’d Like a Large Order of Justice With a Side of Justice”
- Taylor Richard Smith, “Our Overt Landlord”
- Kathleen Baumgardner, “Lunch in a Just World”
- Reynelson K. Martin, Jr., “A Guarded Reflection”
Wailau storytellers include community members, students, alumni, and faculty and staff members.
Attend the Wailau premiere online: hilo.hawaii.edu/wailau/watch.php
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7916
What's also happening?
- Student Art Association Meetings
- Aloha mai kākou! This is a friendly invitation from your Student Art Association to join us every Tuesday, at 12:30pm – 1pm for our weekly meeting. ...
- Happy Holidays from Campus Center
- Aloha Vulcan 'Ohana! The holiday season is near! Campus Center is all decked out and wants to show you our spectacular holiday spirit. We invite you to come and enjoy our festive holiday decorations. ...
- Hohonu General Editor Applications Open
- **Hohonu Academic Journal** is recruiting for General Editors who get to be part of the editing process by working one-on-one with students. ...
- Kanilehua Layout Designer Position Open!
- Kanilehua, UH Hiloʻs Art and Literary Magazine is seeking a motivated student with some experience in Adobe creative suites or other digital design programs to be a member of the Kanilehua team and produce a quality magazine. ...
- Kanilehua Submission Deadline Extended!
- Kanilehua is the UH Hilo Art & Literary Magazine, and we work to publish the best creative pieces our UH Hilo students have to offer. ...
- Kanilehua Submission Raffle
- Great news! If your work is accepted into Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine, your name will be entered into a raffle and you could win a fabulous prize! Prizes will be different for writers and artists. ...
- Student Art Association Meetings and Design Contest
- Aloha mai kākou! This is a friendly invitation from your Student Art Association to join us every Tuesday from 12:30pm – 1pm for our weekly meeting. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- 2021-2022 Ka Lama Ku Student Recognition Awards - NOW OPEN!
- The 2021 - 2022 Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Award nominations are now open. Please submit your nominations no later than February 20, 2022, at 11:59 pm (This is a hard deadline, there will be no exceptions). ...
- 2022-23 UH Common Scholarship Application Available Oct 1st
- Starting October 1, 2021, students can complete the 2022-23 UH System Common Scholarship Application online at www.hawaii.edu/tuition/scholarships/how-to-apply/. ...
- RISO Registration for 2021-2022 is now open
- The 2021-2022 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 25, 2022, at 4:30 pm. ...
- 2022-23 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Starting October 1, 2021, students can complete their 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at Studentaid.gov/fafsa To receive priority consideration at UH Hilo, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2022. ...
- Cultivating Pilina: Empowering Connection to End DV
- Aloha! Please join us every Friday for the month of October to engage in courageous conversations around Domestic Violence, as we work collectively to keep our communities safe. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.