Alzheimer's Disease Researcher: Dr. John S.K. Kauwe III - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online.
Alzheimer's Disease Researcher: Dr. John S.K. Kauwe III
UH Hilo SHARP (Students of Hawaiʻi Avanced Research Program) presents:
O ke kahua ma mua, ma hope ke kukulu:
The Site First and Then The Building
featuring Dr. John S.K. Kauwe III President of Brigham Young University - Hawai‘i,
President Kauwe’s professional focus has been primarily on solving the genetic basis of risk for Alzheimer’s disease. He also conducts research on the genetic basis of other human traits and is engaged in ongoing work on genomics and
population genetics in Indo-Pacific fish species. On his home island of Moloka‘i he brings research opportunities to local high school students.
Join us as he shares his stories:
• Of his journey as a researcher
• How he gives back to his community
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7938
What's also happening?
- Student Activities Council (SAC) ID Validation Reminder
- Aloha Vulcans, Hope you are all ready for this upcoming Fall semester. Best of luck to all students both returning and freshmen from all of SAC. ...
- Apply Now - Board of Media Broadcasting
- The Board of Media Broadcasting is currently accepting applications for treasurer. No experience needed! The treasurer is 1 of 5 members of the Board and is the primary fiscal authority of BOMB and it's programs. Eligibility 1. Minimum 2. ...
- Apply Now - Vulcan Video Productions
- Vulcan Video Productions is currently accepting applications for the following positions: - General Manager - Production Manager - Lead Videographer - Lead Editor - Vulcan Vloggers - General Crew Eligibility 1. Minimum 2. ...
- Freshman ʻEleu (September 15-October 15)
- Aloha Freshmen! If you entered UH Hilo this semester or last semester, it's time to meet with your advisor for your Freshman ʻEleu appointment. ...
- BOSP Positions Open!
- If you enjoy writing, editing or leadership join BOSP! The Board of Student Publications has positions open in Hohonu, Kanilehua, Ke Kalahea and the Board! Applications are available on our website under Forms. ...
- AANAPISI Scholarship
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- RISO Registration for 2021-2022 is now open
- The 2021-2022 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 25, 2022, at 4:30 pm. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.