Virtual Leaps Fall 2020 - Dance Concert - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Please email email@example.com to receive the link for the event.
Virtual Leaps Fall 2020 - Dance Concert
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Department and the Hawaiʻi Community College dance programs will showcase students from DNCE160: Ballet I & III; DNCE 180: Jazz Dance I; DNCE 190: Modern Dance I and DNCE195: Intro. to Environmental Dance. Guest artists Sarah Polloi and Wrenn Bunker-Koesters will perform with dance instructors Kea Kapahua and Annie Bunker.
“We are so excited to be presenting this year’s first ever Virtual Great Leaps dance concert! The students of the University of Hawaii at Hilo and the Hawaii Community College have made tremendous leaps and bounds in learning dance through online methods despite the limitations of small bedrooms, dorm rooms, carpeted or concrete floors and both music and video delays on Zoom. It is so important for us to keep the performing arts alive and to maintain our human connection and expression especially in these challenging times. Please “come out” virtually and celebrate our wonderful dance students, dance instructors, theater staff and technicians who have given so much time, energy, creativity and heart to bring something beautiful to our community.”, said Kea Kapahua, UH Hilo Dance Instructor.
Virtual Leaps Fall 2020 will be available to stream December 4th at 7:00 p.m. – December 6th @ 9:00p.m. use this link: youtu.be/QM2AczU_nsU
Funding for this event is provided in part by the WESTAF CARES relief fund for Organizations and supported by the National Endowment for the Arts through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020. Thank you @westaf and @nea!
Special Restrictions: Virtual Leaps Fall 2020 will be available to stream December 4th at 7:00 p.m. – December 6th @ 9:00p.m. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the link for the event.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7495
What's also happening?
- UHHSA Applications Open! Apply Now!
- UHHSA Applications are open. The University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is responsible for representing the entire student body and improving the lives of UH Hilo students via methods including, but not limited to, advocacy and ...
- General Education redesign team wanted!
- Aloha Vulcans! The Summer 2021 General Education Institute is looking for applicants! Now is the time to speak your mind on general education classes! Currently, the University of Hawai’i has formed a UH General Education Curriculum Design ...
- University Radio Hilo (KUHH 101.1fm) - Apply Now!
- As a communications base of University of Hawaii at Hilo (UH Hilo), University Radio Hilo (URH) provides the opportunity for UH Hilo students to gain experience, education and training in radio broadcasting. ...
- Student Arts Association Zoom Meetings (updated info)
- Inviting all interested students to join our weekly Zoom call. This is a chance to meet your fellow creative students, find out about UH Hilo's Spring Student Art Show, and more. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.