Ku I Ke Aloha: Stand Up and Speak Out - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Register at the link to get the Zoom link or contact Majidah at 808-935-7844 or email@example.com
Ku I Ke Aloha: Stand Up and Speak Out
Location: Virtual event
In recognition of International Conflict Resolution Day, join this free virtual event featuring speaker T. Ilihia Gionson, Board President of the Hawaii Island United Way and Principal, Hiehie Communications. When we approach issues with a clear vision and focus, grounded in aloha for the people and places affected by the issue, we can express our values and concerns in a productive way. In this interactive session, we will explore examples of individual and community advocacy that resulted in positive change in Hawaii and beyond. Take away some communication skills for the real world--no matter the media--that you can use with aloha. Sponsored by Rotary Club of Hilo, Kuikahi Mediation Center, and UH Hilo International Student Services.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 935-7844
Tags: online only
What's also happening?
- General Education redesign team wanted!
- Aloha Vulcans! The Summer 2021 General Education Institute is looking for applicants! Now is the time to speak your mind on general education classes! Currently, the University of Hawai’i has formed a UH General Education Curriculum Design ...
- University Radio Hilo (KUHH 101.1fm) - Apply Now!
- As a communications base of University of Hawaii at Hilo (UH Hilo), University Radio Hilo (URH) provides the opportunity for UH Hilo students to gain experience, education and training in radio broadcasting. ...
- Student Arts Association Zoom Meetings (updated info)
- Inviting all interested students to join our weekly Zoom call. This is a chance to meet your fellow creative students, find out about UH Hilo's Spring Student Art Show, and more. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.