ʻŌpeʻapeʻa, TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Password: TCBES
ʻŌpeʻapeʻa, TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series
Presentation Title: ʻŌpeʻapeʻa Ecology and Conservation Research Efforts
Speaker: Corinna Pinzari, Bat Research Specialist, Hawaii Cooperative Studies Unit at UH at Hilo
Join Zoom Link: zoom.us/j/99769305016
Abstract: Hawaiian hoary bats, or ʻŌpeʻapeʻa, are the only true native terrestrial mammals in Hawaiʻi and can be found across the archipelago. This endangered species is solitary, insectivorous, and roosts in foliage; making it difficult to determine population sizes and habitat needs for effective conservation. Join Hawaii Cooperative Studies Unit (HCSU) researcher Corinna Pinzari as she shares how collaborative research by USGS-PIERC and HCSU is leading us to new discoveries about the life history, ecology, and behavior of our elusive ʻŌpeʻapeʻa. She will talk about current projects in support of bat conservation and management efforts, and how scientists use innovate techniques to study this cryptic species.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 8089327573
What's also happening?
- General Education redesign team wanted!
- Aloha Vulcans! The Summer 2021 General Education Institute is looking for applicants! Now is the time to speak your mind on general education classes! Currently, the University of Hawai’i has formed a UH General Education Curriculum Design ...
- University Radio Hilo (KUHH 101.1fm) - Apply Now!
- As a communications base of University of Hawaii at Hilo (UH Hilo), University Radio Hilo (URH) provides the opportunity for UH Hilo students to gain experience, education and training in radio broadcasting. ...
- Student Arts Association Zoom Meetings (updated info)
- Inviting all interested students to join our weekly Zoom call. This is a chance to meet your fellow creative students, find out about UH Hilo's Spring Student Art Show, and more. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.