UHHSA Sustainability Speaker Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event is being held online. Meeting Password: UHHSA
UHHSA Sustainability Speaker Series
Join the UH Hilo Student Association for our virtual Sustainability Speaker event on Friday, May 1st, from 12-1:30 p.m HST. This event will feature members of our community speaking within their area of expertise that relates to different criteria set forth by the UH System Sustainability Policy (e.g. Energy, Food Systems, Water, Waste) and sharing their vision for the future of Hawai'i through the lens of their work in the realm of sustainability.
Our featured speaker is Mattie Mae Larson, the founder and creator of Upcycle Hawai'i, a locally-owned business that diverts materials from our local landfills and through hand-made processes creates new products to market such as reusable cutlery kits, jewelry, key rings, night-lights, wallets, and bags.
Students who attend this event are eligible to receive a Sustainability Care Package featuring eco-friendly products, such as face masks and reusable cutlery sets, while supplies last!
Please note: We are currently able to ship care packages only within the U.S., not internationally.
Special Restrictions: Must be a current UH Hilo student with a validated Spring 2020 ID to receive care package items.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7367
What's also happening?
Week of April 26, 2020Next →
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2021-2022
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2021-2022 academic year. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
- Hohonu Submissions are Open!
- Every year, Hohonu publishes an academic journal filled with papers submitted by students. Submissions are accessed by the Hohonu staff and from there are either accepted into the editing process or denied. ...
- RISO Registration for 2020-2021 is now open
- The 2020-2021 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 26, 2021 at 4:30pm. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.