Identities and Intersectionality - Event Details
This event has been canceled.
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Identities and Intersectionality
Location: CC 306
Join the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Development office for a four-part series on the importance of understanding the impacts of privilege and the role you personally play in making change. This series will help students unpack the importance of understanding their various identities, how socialization plays a role in how we view and understand the world and ultimately how we as leaders can work to change ourselves and disrupt the cycle of socialization.
This session will engage students in discussing their personal identities and examining the theory of intersectionality as posed by Kimberly Crenshaw.
Though it is best to attend all sessions for maximum understanding, we also welcome those who can only join us for one or more sessions.
RVSPs are highly encouraged so that we can prepare materials. To RSVP please use the link for each event or email Maile at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us for an interactive workshop and learn more about being a socially responsible leader.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7796
This event has been canceled.
What's also happening?
- Kanilehua Layout Designer Position Open!
- Kanilehua, UH Hiloʻs Art and Literary Magazine is seeking a motivated student with some experience in Adobe creative suites or other digital design programs to be a member of the Kanilehua team and produce a quality magazine. ...
- Lavender Graduation Application
- Graduating this semester? Has the LGBTQ+ community impacted your path to education? Consider participating and earning a cord/stole in our lavender graduation ceremony. Apply now by going to this link: ...
- Student Art Association Meetings
- Aloha mai kākou! This is a friendly invitation from your Student Art Association to join us every Tuesday, at 12:30pm – 1pm for our weekly meeting. ...
- Happy Holidays from Campus Center
- Aloha Vulcan 'Ohana! The holiday season is near! Campus Center is all decked out and wants to show you our spectacular holiday spirit. We invite you to come and enjoy our festive holiday decorations. ...
- Hohonu General Editor Applications Open
- **Hohonu Academic Journal** is recruiting for General Editors who get to be part of the editing process by working one-on-one with students. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- 2021-2022 Ka Lama Ku Student Recognition Awards - NOW OPEN!
- The 2021 - 2022 Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Award nominations are now open. Please submit your nominations no later than February 20, 2022, at 11:59 pm (This is a hard deadline, there will be no exceptions). ...
- 2022-23 UH Common Scholarship Application Available Oct 1st
- Starting October 1, 2021, students can complete the 2022-23 UH System Common Scholarship Application online at www.hawaii.edu/tuition/scholarships/how-to-apply/. ...
- RISO Registration for 2021-2022 is now open
- The 2021-2022 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 25, 2022, at 4:30 pm. ...
- 2022-23 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Starting October 1, 2021, students can complete their 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at Studentaid.gov/fafsa To receive priority consideration at UH Hilo, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2022. ...
- Cultivating Pilina: Empowering Connection to End DV
- Aloha! Please join us every Friday for the month of October to engage in courageous conversations around Domestic Violence, as we work collectively to keep our communities safe. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.