The Leadership Challenge: Introductory Workshop - Day 1 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Leadership Challenge: Introductory Workshop - Day 1
Location: UCB 127
The Ka Lama Kū Student Leadership program is currently looking for 20 UH Hilo students interested in expanding their leadership skills or knowledge. If you have questions about leadership development, leadership styles, or leadership as a whole, we welcome you to an interactive two-day workshop, featuring Master Trainer and Certified Facilitator, Mason Chock from Kupu Aʻe.
This workshop will focus on concepts from The Leadership Challenge, which is a framework of leadership that first began almost 40 years ago. The Leadership Challenge breaks down leadership into five fundamental practices, approaching leadership as measurable and learnable behaviors and habits.
As part of the training, workshop attendees will have the opportunity to take a Leadership Practices Inventory, or "LPI", which is an assessment that will help identify your strengths and areas of improvement as part of your leadership journey.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided for attendees.
For any questions or concerns, or to RSVP to this workshop, please email the Campus and Community Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, November 1, 2019.
Special Restrictions: Seating is limited to the first 20 UH Hilo students who RSVP with the Campus & Community Service Office by Friday, November 1, 2019.
Attendance on both days is mandatory to participate in this workshop.
A leadership assessment (the LPI) will be provided to all workshop attendees 2 weeks prior to the training, and completion of the assessment will also be mandatory to participate.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7796
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Fall submission now open: 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting fall submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Fall submissions are open now till December 12th. ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Positions Open
- The Board of Media Broadcasting is seeking students who are interested in getting more involved on campus and who are passionate about digital media particularly radio and video. ...
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.