The Hawaiian Nutcracker - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Hawaiian Nutcracker
Location: Performing Arts Center
Music by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Thursday, November 21, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Friday & Saturday, November 22 & 23, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Saturday, & Sunday, November 23 & 24, 2019 @ 2:00pm
Choreography by Kea Kapahua, Celeste Staton, Annie Bunker and guest choreographers. Featuring the UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi CC dance classes as well as community members and dancers. The 2019 production will commemorate the 25th anniversary of The Hawaiian Nutcracker, original concept and creation by beloved UH Hilo Dance Instructor Earnest Morgan and Oahu choreographer Willie Dean Ige.
In this local style version of a holiday classic, join young Kauikeaouli on a magical voyage from Iolani Palace to the Mythical Island of Lōʻihi. Along the way he enoungers dancing dolls, Poliahu, Ice Maidens, Pele, graceful crater birds, a playful Moʻo, a duo of Honu, beautiful underwater creatures, jolly jellyfish and waltzing flowers.
Special Restrictions: Advance Sales: $20 General, $15 Discount, $10 UH Hilo / HCC Students with Valid ID/Child 17 & under
At the Door: $25 General, $20 Discount, $15 UH Hilo / HCC Students with Valid ID/Child 17 & under
Tickets available at the PAC Box Office T-F 10am - 2pm, call 932-7490 or online at http://artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of November 17, 2019Next →
- Apply for the 2020-2021 UHHSA Student Election
- Interested in becoming a student leader? Apply for the 2020-2021 University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) student election! The UHHSA senate seeks to accurately represent the views of the entire student body. ...
- Now Accepting Applications for Vulcan Video Productions
- Vulcan Video Production Position Vacancies Applications open: Feb 24 to Feb 28 Vulcan Video Productions, a program of the Board of Media Broadcasting has open positions for the Spring 2020 semester. ...
- Summer Study Abroad Programs
- Why not spend your summer abroad in Europe, Asia or South America? UH Hilo has opportunities available with Univesities in Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Japan, Scotland, and South Korea. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline: March 1
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for Spring 2021, please submit your application by March 1, 2020. Applications are available at: ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- Mandatory Advising (Freshmen 'Eleu)
- Freshmen, mandatory advising is starting soon. You are required to meet with your advisor. Please check your UH email to set up an appointment today. ...
- 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition Submissions Now Open
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting Spring Submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Spring Submissions are open now till March 27th. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.