Dance Collective - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: Performing Arts Center
It has been four years since the first Dance Collective and we are happy to present it once more. Last year’s show played to a sold-out house and this year’s offering promises to be another captivating and entertaining night.
As with years past, many talented and diverse choreographers and dancers come together for one night only to celebrate dance and to share their passion and art with you.
Presenting the works of new and established dancers and choreographers from Island Dance Academy, Center Stage Dance Alliance, Paradise Performing Arts Center, N2 Dance, and UH Hilo Dance Department to name but a few, this dance concert provides choreographers with a platform to share their art and vision without restriction.
Since its inception the Dance Collective has made it its primary mission to build bridges and join dance communities across the island, creating a strong, vibrant and cohesive dance community in which everyone could participate. A secondary mission has been to provide opportunities for its participants to increase their knowledge and/or to expose them to other professional artists in an intimate and unique setting. This past spring the Collective funded an opportunity for participants to learn from and work with Jacob Jonas The Company at no cost to them.
The proceeds from this event will continue to go toward providing dance opportunities for our island community and perpetuating this event.
Note that some material may not be suitable for all audiences.
We hope to see you at this year’s Dance Collective!
Tickets on Sale beginning September 3!
Special Restrictions: $20 General, $10 UH Hilo/Hawaii CC Students with VALID ID/Child 17 & under.
Tickets available at the UH Hilo PAC Box Office T-F 10am-2pm; 932-7490 or online: artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of September 22, 2019Next →
- International Nights Tickets on Sale Now!
- Celebrate the cultural diversity at UH Hilo at the 45th annual International Nights! The shows will be on Friday, February 21 and Saturday, February 22 at 7:30 pm at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- Apply for the 2020-2021 UHHSA Student Election
- Interested in becoming a student leader? Apply for the 2020-2021 University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) student election! The UHHSA senate seeks to accurately represent the views of the entire student body. ...
- Summer Study Abroad Programs
- Why not spend your summer abroad in Europe, Asia or South America? UH Hilo has opportunities available with Univesities in Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Japan, Scotland, and South Korea. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline: March 1
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for Spring 2021, please submit your application by March 1, 2020. Applications are available at: ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- Mandatory Advising (Freshmen 'Eleu)
- Freshmen, mandatory advising is starting soon. You are required to meet with your advisor. Please check your UH email to set up an appointment today. ...
- 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition Submissions Now Open
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting Spring Submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Spring Submissions are open now till March 27th. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.