Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur.
A campus presentation to prepare for the emergency exercise will be held on July 17 from 1:00 to
2:30 pm in the Rose and Raymond Tseng Terrace (UCB 127). This presentation is designed to ensure
that attendees are better prepared to respond to an emergency situation.
Campus lockdown procedures require the cooperation of faculty, staff and students. We ask that
everyone please take the time to go over the UH Hilo emergency response guidelines and discuss with others what you may do when the exercise starts. By knowing lockdown procedures and participating in these emergency exercises, you can keep yourself and others safe.
This exercise will be initiated by an off-campus event that will begin the University's emergency
response protocol and campus lockdown. This off-campus event will not be real. There will be no
simulated sounds or noises used to initiate the emergency exercise, and notice will be provided to
our neighbors so they are aware that we are conducting an exercise.
During the emergency exercise we will also be testing our emergency alert systems. Alerts will be
sent out via the UH Alert system (text and email), use of the emergency notification units, websites, and social media. Please see information at the end of this email to sign up for UH Alerts.
Please review the UH Hilo Emergency Response guidebook, available on the UH Hilo Security website.
In addition, Information on actions to take can be found in our Emergency Operations Plan.
Employees are also encouraged to download the UH Hilo Emergency Guidebook App
You are all urged to sign up for UH Alert to receive emergency text alerts. If you have already
signed up, log in to ensure that your contact information is up-to-date. Sign up or update information
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7013
What's also happening?
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.