Spring 2019 Campus and Community Service Food Drive - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Spring 2019 Campus and Community Service Food Drive
Did you know that 1 in 8 people struggled with hunger in 2016? You can make a difference for those who currently face food insecurity by participating in the Spring 2019 Campus and Community Service Food Drive! All donations received will be given to Hawaiʻi Island Food Basket to help combat hunger here on Hawaiʻi Island. This year, the food drive will run from Monday, April 8, 2019 through Friday, May 3, 2019.
This Spring, our goals are to raise $500.00 in monetary donations and to collect 500 pounds of food donations. If you want to help us fight hunger, please bring your non-perishable goods to one of our donation locations around campus: Campus Center Room 210, School of Education UCB 313, Office of the Chancellor, Moʻokini Library lobby, Athletics Office, and Campus Center Sodexo Dining Hall. You can also drop off donations in mailboxes on campus by labeling them for "Room CC210".
All donations can be dropped off during each location's normal business hours (please see their websites for that information). Monetary donations can be made in the change buckets in Sodexo or online at www.hawaiifoodbank.org/donate - Please be sure to put “UH HILO” in the second line of the address to ensure that the donation gets credited to our campus.
Mahalo nui loa in advance for your participation!
Campus & Community Service is a Campus Center program.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7796
What's also happening?
Week of April 14, 2019Next →
Holiday observed: Good Friday
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.