Spring 2019 Campus and Community Service Food Drive - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Spring 2019 Campus and Community Service Food Drive
Did you know that 1 in 8 people struggled with hunger in 2016? You can make a difference for those who currently face food insecurity by participating in the Spring 2019 Campus and Community Service Food Drive! All donations received will be given to Hawaiʻi Island Food Basket to help combat hunger here on Hawaiʻi Island. This year, the food drive will run from Monday, April 8, 2019 through Friday, May 3, 2019.
This Spring, our goals are to raise $500.00 in monetary donations and to collect 500 pounds of food donations. If you want to help us fight hunger, please bring your non-perishable goods to one of our donation locations around campus: Campus Center Room 210, School of Education UCB 313, Office of the Chancellor, Moʻokini Library lobby, Athletics Office, and Campus Center Sodexo Dining Hall. You can also drop off donations in mailboxes on campus by labeling them for "Room CC210".
All donations can be dropped off during each location's normal business hours (please see their websites for that information). Monetary donations can be made in the change buckets in Sodexo or online at www.hawaiifoodbank.org/donate. Please be sure to put “UH HILO” in the second line of the address to ensure that the donation gets credited to our campus.
Mahalo nui loa in advance for your participation!
Campus & Community Service is a Campus Center program.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7796
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Good Friday
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.