TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series
Location: Wentworth, Room 1
TITLE: Unfiltered: Aquatic Resource Management in Hawaii
SPEAKER: Troy Sakihara, Division of Aquatic Resources
ABSTRACT: The Division of Aquatic Resources is a state government agency that is tasked with managing and conserving Hawai‘i's living aquatic resources from mauka to makai. While DAR's mission is seemingly straight forward, the physical vastness and complexity of aquatic resource management begets challenges, frustration and a variety of hurdles that need to be faced. Nonetheless, maintaining confidence in your efforts upholding scientific and professional integrity, and remembering the "why" that's driving your educational and professional pursuits should transcend any difficulties inherent in any field of natural resource management.
This presentation will candidly share the professional experiences and perspectives of a local boy turned aquatic biologist working for the State of Hawai‘i.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7573
Tags: TCBES tropical conservation biology and environmental science conservation biology biology environmental science science wentworth masters presentation seminar educational family natural resource cultural resource natural cultural resource
What's also happening?
Week of March 31, 2019Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.