TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series
Location: Wentworth, Room 1
TITLE: Unfiltered: Aquatic Resource Management in Hawaii
SPEAKER: Troy Sakihara, Division of Aquatic Resources
ABSTRACT: The Division of Aquatic Resources is a state government agency that is tasked with managing and conserving Hawai‘i's living aquatic resources from mauka to makai. While DAR's mission is seemingly straight forward, the physical vastness and complexity of aquatic resource management begets challenges, frustration and a variety of hurdles that need to be faced. Nonetheless, maintaining confidence in your efforts upholding scientific and professional integrity, and remembering the "why" that's driving your educational and professional pursuits should transcend any difficulties inherent in any field of natural resource management.
This presentation will candidly share the professional experiences and perspectives of a local boy turned aquatic biologist working for the State of Hawai‘i.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7573
Tags: TCBES tropical conservation biology and environmental science conservation biology biology environmental science science wentworth masters presentation seminar educational family natural resource cultural resource natural cultural resource
What's also happening?
Week of March 31, 2019Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.