I Put the Bi in Bitter - Hosted by the LGBTQ+ Center - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
I Put the Bi in Bitter - Hosted by the LGBTQ+ Center
Location: Student Services Center, Room W-201
The LGBTQ+ Center invites all to a free screening of "I Put the Bi in Bitter", a fun, lighthearted story that highlights LGBTQ+ teens dealing with the universal themes of expression, friendship and crushes, and those awkward moments of trying to survive high school heteronomativity.
This web series is produced and written by Marin Lepore, a young, gay, women of color, film student who is passionate about minority representation in film and media.
A Q&A and discussion will be afterwords joined us by Marin Lepore and the rest of her production crew at Sad Girl Productions.
Light refreshments and snacks will be available, while supplies last.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7958
Tags: LGBTQ+ Center
What's also happening?
Week of March 31, 2019Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.