11th Annual TCBES Research Symposium - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
11th Annual TCBES Research Symposium
Location: Campus Center, Room 301
In 2019, we will present the 11th Annual TCBES Research Symposium sponsored by the Tropical Conservation Biology & Environmental Science Program at UH Hilo! Speakers will present their recent scientific research carried out in Hawai‘i on April 11th & 12th. Our goal is to increase undergraduate and graduate student participation in both the oral and poster presentation sessions. To encourage widespread participation, we are offering this event free of charge, and will be awarding prizes for outstanding presentations in various categories. Whether you are a graduate or undergraduate student, resident or visiting faculty, or agency personnel, we invite you to attend, share and find out about the latest research in the community around you! Keynote speakers will be Paula Ayotte from NOAA and Dr. John Burns from the UH Hilo Marine Science Department.
There will also be a silent auction with great products up for bid from local businesses island-wide!
Visit the symposium website for more info: tcbes.uhh.hawaii.edu/symposium/
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (707) 396-9990
Tags: TCBES tropical conservation biology and environmental science tropical conservation conservation biology biology environment environmental science science STEM presentation poster educational undergraduate graduate community faculty staff silent auction e
What's also happening?
Week of April 7, 2019Next →
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- Volunteers Needed for Science Olympiad Tournament
- Aloha kākou, The Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Research and Community Partnerships are hosting the 2020 Science Olympiad Hawaiʻi Island regional tournament for middle and high school students on February 8, 2020. ...
- International Nights Tickets on Sale Now!
- Celebrate the cultural diversity at UH Hilo at the 45th annual International Nights! The shows will be on Friday, February 21 and Saturday, February 22 at 7:30 pm at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- Summer Study Abroad Programs
- Why not spend your summer abroad in Europe, Asia or South America? UH Hilo has opportunities available with Univesities in Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Japan, Scotland, and South Korea. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.