(Un)Happy Hour - Honoring Equal Pay Day - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
(Un)Happy Hour - Honoring Equal Pay Day
Location: Campus Center, Room 301
The Women's Center and Office of Equal Opportunity are hosting "(Un)Happy Hour" to honor Equal Pay Day on April 2nd. Equal Pay Day was created in 1996 to show the inequity amongst pay wages between men and women in the workforce. This date symbolizes how far into the next year women must work in order to earn what men earned in the previous year. Data shows that women of color earn even less, some women's wages being as low as earning $0.53 for each $1.00 made by men. To raise awareness on our campus, we are hosting this event which will include a "pay gap bake sale*," a panel discussion, and interactive trivia games throughout the room.
We will also be joined by representatives of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) and Hawai‘i County Mayor Harry Kim's Executive Assistant Rose Bautista. They will present the proclamation of Equal Pay Day and share a few words with our community.
We will have free mocktails and baked goods, while supplies last!
*Our "bake sale" is not an actual sale; all items will be given out for free.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7958
What's also happening?
Week of March 31, 2019Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.