Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program acknowledges individuals, groups, teams or organizations who have shown strong evidence of their leadership potential based on the values of Alaka‘i (Leadership), ‘Ike Pāpālua (Gift of Vision), Kuleana (Responsibility/Accountability), Laulima (Teamwork), and Mālama (Caring).
For further information about each of the five leadership categories please visit: hilo.hawaii.edu/campuscenter/leadership/recognition_awards.php
To nominate someone please use this online form: goo.gl/forms/8ZbEFN80wIelnIPn1
Student, Staff, Faculty, and RISO Advisors are all eligible to nominate students.
All nominees MUST fit these criteria:
• Leadership service activities performed as a student enrolled at UH Hilo.
• Demonstrates networking and civic engagement skills within the university and community-at-large.
• Demonstrates qualities of integrity and civic virtue.
• Models mentorship or coaching as a learning opportunity for others.
• Has the ability to manage, serve and care for those they lead with Aloha.
All winners will be contacted on April 1, 2019 via email.
For further information on the application process please contact:
Campus and Community Service Coordinator
Campus Center Room 312
2019 Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Ceremony: Ku Ka La Lau Lama "Many Torches Stand" will be held on Thursday, May 2, 2019, starting at 6:00 PM at UH Hilo Dining Room at Campus Center. Refreshments and dinner provided by Sodexo. Family & Friends are welcome! Please mark your calendar so that you can join us.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 932-7796
What's also happening?
Week of March 24, 2019Next →
Holiday observed: Prince Jonah Kūhiō Kalanianaʻole Day
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Fall submission now open: 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting fall submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Fall submissions are open now till December 12th. ...
- Priority Acceptance for Hohonu Submissions
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's Academic Journal is currently accepting submissions for its Spring 2020 edition. We encourage all majors to submit their essays and research papers. The deadline for priority submission is December 16, 2019. ...
- Mindfulness classes
- Student Health and Wellness program would like to invite you to Mindfulness classes. Hosted by Micheal Donenfeld who has received training from Vietnamese poet and monk Thich Nhat Hanh. These classes offer to teach you skills for life. ...
- Open Positions for the Board of Student Publications!
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is currently seeking students who are interested in making a difference by getting involved in their campus community; forging sustainable relationships with students, faculty, and staff at UH Hilo; and ...
- UH Hilo Fall Food Drive
- The Campus and Community Service office is hosting the semi-annual UH Hilo Food Drive from December 2 to December 20. This semester we want to reach a goal of raising $500.00 and collecting 300lbs of food. ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Positions Open
- The Board of Media Broadcasting is seeking students who are interested in getting more involved on campus and who are passionate about digital media particularly radio and video. ...
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.