Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program acknowledges individuals, groups, teams or organizations who have shown strong evidence of their leadership potential based on the values of Alaka‘i (Leadership), ‘Ike Pāpālua (Gift of Vision), Kuleana (Responsibility/Accountability), Laulima (Teamwork), and Mālama (Caring).
For further information about each of the five leadership categories please visit: hilo.hawaii.edu/campuscenter/leadership/recognition_awards.php
To nominate someone please use this online form: goo.gl/forms/8ZbEFN80wIelnIPn1
Student, Staff, Faculty, and RISO Advisors are all eligible to nominate students.
All nominees MUST fit these criteria:
• Leadership service activities performed as a student enrolled at UH Hilo.
• Demonstrates networking and civic engagement skills within the university and community-at-large.
• Demonstrates qualities of integrity and civic virtue.
• Models mentorship or coaching as a learning opportunity for others.
• Has the ability to manage, serve and care for those they lead with Aloha.
All winners will be contacted on April 1, 2019 via email.
For further information on the application process please contact:
Campus and Community Service Coordinator
Campus Center Room 312
2019 Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Ceremony: Ku Ka La Lau Lama "Many Torches Stand" will be held on Thursday, May 2, 2019, starting at 6:00 PM at UH Hilo Dining Room at Campus Center. Refreshments and dinner provided by Sodexo. Family & Friends are welcome! Please mark your calendar so that you can join us.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 932-7796
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: Prince Jonah Kūhiō Kalanianaʻole Day
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.