Teapresso Pop Up for Hunger Free Tasting - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Teapresso Pop Up for Hunger Free Tasting
Location: Library Lanai
The Teapresso Bar is coming soon to UH Hilo!
Beginning Wednesday, March 27, the UH Hilo campus community can get their boba tea or organic lemonade fix at the new Teapresso pop up beverage concession located at the Library Lanai on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Teapresso’s rotating beverage menu includes Teapresso’s Signature Milk Tea, Honeydew Milk Tea, Taro Milk Tea, Tropic Osmanthus, Fruity Lychee, Rose Green Tea, Strawberry Lilikoʻi Lemonade, Blue Hawaiian Lemonade, and Maunakea Sunset Lemonade. Add-ons include large boba, lychee jelly or strawberry bursting boba.
Teapresso is the first beverage concession participating in UH Hilo’s “Pop Up for Hunger” program to support HALE PAʻI ʻAI, UH Hilo’s new food pantry program. The HALE PAʻI ʻAI soft opening is planned for mid-April, 2019 through the end of the semester. Administrative Affairs will operate and manage the food pantry program to serve and support any UH Hilo student without reliable access to food. The process to receive HALE PA‘I ‘AI services is simple, and the program is set up to protect the anonymity of students with food insecurities. We welcome and encourage any UH Hilo student in need with a valid student ID to participate in this program.
The food pantry’s name, “HALE PAʻI ʻAI” eloquently describes UH Hilo’s mission to provide “a place to receive an offering of food”. Although HALE PAʻI ʻAI is not intended to supply all food a student needs for the week, it will provide supplemental food for any UH Hilo student in need of this type of support. Additional information will be provided prior to the soft opening in April.
To kick off this program, Interim Chancellor, Marcia Sakai, and Interim Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs, Kalei Rapoza cordially invites the entire UH Hilo campus community to the Pop Up for Hunger Tasting Event on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 from 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Library Lanai. Stop by for a complimentary Teapresso beverage, and learn more about UH Hilo’s Pop Up for Hunger program, and the HALE PA‘I ‘AI food pantry program to combat food insecurities at UH Hilo.
UH Hilo Food Service Enterprise
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 933-0848
What's also happening?
Week of March 10, 2019Next →
- International Nights Tickets on Sale Now!
- Celebrate the cultural diversity at UH Hilo at the 45th annual International Nights! The shows will be on Friday, February 21 and Saturday, February 22 at 7:30 pm at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- Apply for the 2020-2021 UHHSA Student Election
- Interested in becoming a student leader? Apply for the 2020-2021 University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) student election! The UHHSA senate seeks to accurately represent the views of the entire student body. ...
- Summer Study Abroad Programs
- Why not spend your summer abroad in Europe, Asia or South America? UH Hilo has opportunities available with Univesities in Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Japan, Scotland, and South Korea. ...
- Study Abroad Application Deadline: March 1
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for Spring 2021, please submit your application by March 1, 2020. Applications are available at: ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- Mandatory Advising (Freshmen 'Eleu)
- Freshmen, mandatory advising is starting soon. You are required to meet with your advisor. Please check your UH email to set up an appointment today. ...
- 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition Submissions Now Open
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting Spring Submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Spring Submissions are open now till March 27th. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.