Teapresso Pop Up for Hunger Free Tasting - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Teapresso Pop Up for Hunger Free Tasting
Location: Library Lanai
The Teapresso Bar is coming soon to UH Hilo!
Beginning Wednesday, March 27, the UH Hilo campus community can get their boba tea or organic lemonade fix at the new Teapresso pop up beverage concession located at the Library Lanai on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Teapresso’s rotating beverage menu includes Teapresso’s Signature Milk Tea, Honeydew Milk Tea, Taro Milk Tea, Tropic Osmanthus, Fruity Lychee, Rose Green Tea, Strawberry Lilikoʻi Lemonade, Blue Hawaiian Lemonade, and Maunakea Sunset Lemonade. Add-ons include large boba, lychee jelly or strawberry bursting boba.
Teapresso is the first beverage concession participating in UH Hilo’s “Pop Up for Hunger” program to support HALE PAʻI ʻAI, UH Hilo’s new food pantry program. The HALE PAʻI ʻAI soft opening is planned for mid-April, 2019 through the end of the semester. Administrative Affairs will operate and manage the food pantry program to serve and support any UH Hilo student without reliable access to food. The process to receive HALE PA‘I ‘AI services is simple, and the program is set up to protect the anonymity of students with food insecurities. We welcome and encourage any UH Hilo student in need with a valid student ID to participate in this program.
The food pantry’s name, “HALE PAʻI ʻAI” eloquently describes UH Hilo’s mission to provide “a place to receive an offering of food”. Although HALE PAʻI ʻAI is not intended to supply all food a student needs for the week, it will provide supplemental food for any UH Hilo student in need of this type of support. Additional information will be provided prior to the soft opening in April.
To kick off this program, Interim Chancellor, Marcia Sakai, and Interim Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs, Kalei Rapoza cordially invites the entire UH Hilo campus community to the Pop Up for Hunger Tasting Event on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 from 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Library Lanai. Stop by for a complimentary Teapresso beverage, and learn more about UH Hilo’s Pop Up for Hunger program, and the HALE PA‘I ‘AI food pantry program to combat food insecurities at UH Hilo.
UH Hilo Food Service Enterprise
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 933-0848
What's also happening?
Week of March 10, 2019Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.