TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series
Location: Wentworth, Room 1
TITLE: Na Kilo ʻĀina: Building communities of keen observers
SPEAKER: Pelika Andrade, Na Maka o Papahānaumokuākea
ABSTRACT: Na Kilo ʻĀina (NKA) is a program that builds communities of keen observers of our Aina: all those things that sustain us and contribute to our overall health and wellness. NKA utilizes multiple tools and knowledge systems for a more holistic approach to management and empowers our communities to take an active, familial role in the health, well-being and balance of our communities (people and place). NKA helps initiate an evolution of change for community health and resource management, and supports community moving beyond being conscious of place to a community integrally and intimately a part of place.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7573
Tags: TCBES tropical conservation biology and environmental science conservation biology tropical biology environmental science science wentworth seminar natural resource cultural resource educational family resource natural cultural presentation
What's also happening?
Week of March 3, 2019Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.