TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series
Location: Wentworth, Room 1
TITLE: Na Kilo ʻĀina: Building communities of keen observers
SPEAKER: Pelika Andrade, Na Maka o Papahānaumokuākea
ABSTRACT: Na Kilo ʻĀina (NKA) is a program that builds communities of keen observers of our Aina: all those things that sustain us and contribute to our overall health and wellness. NKA utilizes multiple tools and knowledge systems for a more holistic approach to management and empowers our communities to take an active, familial role in the health, well-being and balance of our communities (people and place). NKA helps initiate an evolution of change for community health and resource management, and supports community moving beyond being conscious of place to a community integrally and intimately a part of place.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7573
Tags: TCBES tropical conservation biology and environmental science conservation biology tropical biology environmental science science wentworth seminar natural resource cultural resource educational family resource natural cultural presentation
What's also happening?
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.