Public Lecture on Ethics and Human Trafficking - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Public Lecture on Ethics and Human Trafficking
Location: UCB 100
Dr. John Kaiser Ortiz will present a public lecture entitled:
“Ghosting Humanity: Prelude to the Ethics of the Disappeared”
Dr. John Kaiser Ortiz’s teaching, research publications and activism stand at the crossroads between social/political philosophy, human rights and ethics. He currently teaches the Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies course at Millersville University.
Since receiving his Ph.D. from the University of Oregon, he has taught in the Department of Ethnic Studies at Bowling Green State University and the Philosophy Department at Millersville University. His essays have appeared in Critical Philosophy of Race, philoSophia: A Journal of Continental Feminism, The Pluralist: The Journal of the Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy, Inter-American Journal of Philosophy and Comparative Philosophy.
All are Welcome!
* This event is sponsored by the Hawai`i Island Philosophy Club, the Philosophy Department, and the Gender and Women’s Studies Program
For accommodations, contact Disability Services Office, (808) 932-7623.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7230
What's also happening?
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.