English Brown Bag Lecture - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
English Brown Bag Lecture
February 19, 2019 at 1:00 p.m., room K107
Sally Anderson Boström, visiting researcher from Uppsala University, Sweden, will present her research on Hawai'i born author Milton Murayama as part of her ongoing doctoral project: "'Closed Place, Open Word' Politics of Creole in Earl Lovelace, Milton Murayama, and Ntozake Shange." Using the work of Martiniquan write and critic, Eduard Glissant, her dissertation considers how these writers use creole languages to give voice to the plantation experiences of Trinidad, Hawai'i, and the Sea Islands.
Students, faculty, staff, and the public are welcome to attend the English Department's first informal talk of 2019.
For more information contact Sally (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information, contact: email@example.com 8089327226
What's also happening?
Week of February 17, 2019Next →
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.