Active Shooter Presentation - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Active Shooter Presentation
Location: UCB, room 100
There will be an Active Shooter Presentation on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm in UCB 100.
In this presentation, attendees will learn the concept of Run, Hide, Fight for Active Shooter response. No one can tell us how we can ensure our safety in these situations; however, there is no doubt that training and preparation will help us to have a better response, that would lead to better chances of survival.
This presentation is designed to ensure that attendees are better prepared to respond to an Active Shooter situation if we are ever confronted with that unfortunate circumstance. This presentation will also assist us as we prepare for the campus-wide, Active Shooter Exercise that will be conducted at UH Hilo on Friday, February 22.
This presentation is designed and built on strategies developed by the Department of Homeland Security, and incorporates their guidance and proven plan for surviving an active shooter event.
Presentation topics include:
1. History and prevalence of active shooter events
2. Facts to consider
3. Response options
4. Medical and Disability issues
5. What to expect from law enforcement and first responder agencies.
6. Responses particular to individual situations
Attending this presentation will help you to understand how to respond and to better protect yourself during an Active Shooter event.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7013
What's also happening?
Week of February 3, 2019Next →
- American Sign Language, Level 1c/1d
- This class is for anyone who is comfortable with the vocabulary in Units 1-5 of Signing Naturally. Participants will focus on advancing expressive and receptive conversational skills. Open to ages 15 and up. ...
- Subconscious Writing
- A new approach for seasoned writers or individuals just beginning to explore creative writing, this comprehensive workshop offers strategies that will help students silence the inner critic, become more creative, and surprise themselves with ...
- Video Production Principles, Part 1
- This free series is for registered UH Hilo students only. Must have a UH student ID # to register. Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Build a Successful Advertising Campaign
- This two-part class will walk students through the stages of building a coordinated campaign, from developing an objective statement through the creative and practical elements necessary for building on the success of your company. ...
- Art for Everyone: Japanese Woodblock Printing
- Learn traditional Japanese woodblock printing methods and techniques in this non-credit class. Instructions will include preparation of washi paper, image transfer, cutting blocks, and printing techniques, as well as some history and vocabulary. ...
- Miniature Art: Magnets
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic drawing, coloring, collaging, and painting techniques, then create different styles of magnets. ...
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at go.hawaii. ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.