Active Shooter Presentation - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Active Shooter Presentation
Location: UCB, room 100
There will be an Active Shooter Presentation on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm in UCB 100.
In this presentation, attendees will learn the concept of Run, Hide, Fight for Active Shooter response. No one can tell us how we can ensure our safety in these situations; however, there is no doubt that training and preparation will help us to have a better response, that would lead to better chances of survival.
This presentation is designed to ensure that attendees are better prepared to respond to an Active Shooter situation if we are ever confronted with that unfortunate circumstance. This presentation will also assist us as we prepare for the campus-wide, Active Shooter Exercise that will be conducted at UH Hilo on Friday, February 22.
This presentation is designed and built on strategies developed by the Department of Homeland Security, and incorporates their guidance and proven plan for surviving an active shooter event.
Presentation topics include:
1. History and prevalence of active shooter events
2. Facts to consider
3. Response options
4. Medical and Disability issues
5. What to expect from law enforcement and first responder agencies.
6. Responses particular to individual situations
Attending this presentation will help you to understand how to respond and to better protect yourself during an Active Shooter event.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7013
What's also happening?
Week of February 3, 2019Next →
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.