TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
TCBES Natural and Cultural Resource Seminar Series
Location: Wentworth, Room 1
Seminar speaker: Patrick Kim, The Marine Mammal Center at Ke Kai Ola
Seminar title: The importance of positive community engagement in the conservation efforts of the Hawaiian Monk Seal
Abstract: Patrick Kim, Response & Community Engagement Manager for The Marine Mammal Center at Ke Kai Ola, in Kailua-Kona, Hawaiʻi will discuss the conservation efforts of the Hawaiian monk seal on Hawaiʻi island, the unique issues presented in engaging the public in conservation efforts, and ways that we can help foster a better understanding of these efforts within our communities.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7573
Tags: TCBES tropical conservation biology and environmental science conservation biology environmental science seminar biology wentworth natural resource cultural resource natural cultural resource presentation
What's also happening?
Week of February 3, 2019Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.