Pond Mucking at Liliʻuokalani Gardens - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pond Mucking at Liliʻuokalani Gardens
Location: 49 Banyan Drive, Hilo, HI, 96720
There is always something to be done at Liliʻuokalani Gardens to keep the park beautiful and enjoyable for all. The sweat and dirt is worth it as you make connections with other UH Hilo students, community members, alumni and staff to see the immediate effects of your efforts.
Weʻd love to have you join us on Saturday, January 5, 2019 from 8:00am - 12:00pm at the Shoroan Tea house for this amazing and engaging community service project.
Free lunch, gloves, buckets and mucking tools will be provided. We recommend wearing sneakers, bringing a reusable water bottle, wearing clothes that can get dirty, sunscreen and a hat.
This is an activity presented by the Friends of Liliʻuokalani Gardens, the Hawaiʻi County Park and Recreation Department, UH Hilo Campus Center, Campus and Community Service (a CC Fee Board Program), and the Sociology club.
For Disability accommodation, contact Maile Boggeln at (808) 932-7796, TTY 932-7002 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 24, 2018.
Special Restrictions: If you will be bringing children, you must be present at the entire event to supervise them. Individuals under 18 years of age must contact our office first if they are interested.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7796
What's also happening?
Holiday observed: New Year’s Day
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.