Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series Presentation - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series Presentation
Location: UCB 127
Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series Presentation with Dr. Tiffany Ing. Title of presentation: Reclaiming Kalākaua: Nineteenth Century Perspectives on a Hawaiian Sovereign.
Dr. Tiffani Lani Ing, from Mānoa, Oʻahu has a PhD in English from the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. Her forthcoming book, Reclaiming Kalākaua: Nineteenth-Century Perspectives on a Hawaiian Sovereign (UH Press), is based on her dissertation, "Ka Hoʻomālamalama ʻana i nā Hōʻailona o ka Mōʻī Kalākaua a me kona Noho Aliʻi ana: Illuminating the American, International, and Hawaiʻi Representations of King Kalākaua and his Reign, 1874-1891," which examined nineteenth-century perspectives of David Laʻamea Kamanakapu Mahinulani Nalaiaehuokalani Lumialani Kalākaua in English- and Hawaiian-language newspapers, books, travelogues and other materials published in the United States, abroad, and in Hawaiʻi during his reign. "Ka Hoʻomālamalama ʻana" was awarded the 2015 Biography Prize by the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Center for Biographical Research and an earlier version of a section was published in the 2014 edition of the Hawaiian Journal of History.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7399
What's also happening?
Week of November 25, 2018Next →
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.