Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series Presentation - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series Presentation
Location: UCB 127
Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series Presentation with Dr. Tiffany Ing. Title of presentation: Reclaiming Kalākaua: Nineteenth Century Perspectives on a Hawaiian Sovereign.
Dr. Tiffani Lani Ing, from Mānoa, Oʻahu has a PhD in English from the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. Her forthcoming book, Reclaiming Kalākaua: Nineteenth-Century Perspectives on a Hawaiian Sovereign (UH Press), is based on her dissertation, "Ka Hoʻomālamalama ʻana i nā Hōʻailona o ka Mōʻī Kalākaua a me kona Noho Aliʻi ana: Illuminating the American, International, and Hawaiʻi Representations of King Kalākaua and his Reign, 1874-1891," which examined nineteenth-century perspectives of David Laʻamea Kamanakapu Mahinulani Nalaiaehuokalani Lumialani Kalākaua in English- and Hawaiian-language newspapers, books, travelogues and other materials published in the United States, abroad, and in Hawaiʻi during his reign. "Ka Hoʻomālamalama ʻana" was awarded the 2015 Biography Prize by the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Center for Biographical Research and an earlier version of a section was published in the 2014 edition of the Hawaiian Journal of History.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7399
What's also happening?
Week of November 25, 2018Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.