2018 Pacific States Biennial North American Print Exhibition - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
2018 Pacific States Biennial North American Print Exhibition
Location: East Hawaii Cultural Center - 141 Kalakaua St, Hilo, HI 96720
The Pacific States Biennial National juried printmaking exhibition was established by the Art Department Print Studio at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo in 1982 and is now the Pacific States Biennial North American. The exhibition is open to all artists 18 years or older presently residing anywhere on the North American continent, its islands, and outlying US territories. This premier Hawaiʻi biennial exhibition is hosted in conjunction with the Campus Center Gallery with support from the Student Activities Council and the East Hawaiʻi Cultural Center.
Juror: Helen Frederick
The juror for the 2018 PSBN is Helen Frederick, who is a recognized distinguished artist, curator, educator, coordinator of international projects, and the founder of Pyramid Atlantic. As an advocate for and an active participant in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area arts scene, she has served on the directorial boards of alternative art spaces, various local and national boards and national peer-review panels. She has and fulfilled speaking engagements around the world, always emphasizing collaboration across disciplines. Throughout her life her passion for diverse cultures and histories has led her to travel to observe the material cultures of many societies, their skills and ideas and to make connections among disparate cultural traditions. Read about Helen on Wikipedia.
First place: Artist residency at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo to cover travel, lodging, per diem, and honorarium.
Additional awards include $2000 of Purchase Awards.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 895-6819
What's also happening?
Week of October 28, 2018Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.